Sunday, November 6, 2011

The second halloween

I noticed that Halloween has increasingly become more popular with this little island. From night safari's horror night (to our dismay, it was cancelled at the eleventh hour) to GRC celebrations in my neighbourhood.


The festival doesn't quite fit in to our country, and we obviously don't grow up from treat and tricking our neighbours. But i ain't complaining, because it means something fun is brewing!


So we headed down to USS on the last sunday of Oct. My 2nd halloween, to be exact. Wr and I tried out the one at night safari last year, and kinda hooked on it. No doubt we are scaredy cats, but lure is hard to resist.


We heard so many fantastic reviews about Halloween @ USS that we just have to go see for ourselves!



My second time to USS in two months, and the feeling was vastly different.


The entire stretch of streets were no longer cheerful looking. It was dark, ghastly and filled with clowns - my worst nightmares.


I have this thing with scarecrows and clowns since young. They instilled fear in me even today.
Effects of watching horror shows when you're a kid.


We strolled down the streets and took some pics, while waiting for Glenn and Christina.
And we were too scared to enter the much raved haunted house - Vengeance of the Matriarch, even though the que time reads only 5 minutes.


:p


We went through the whole freaking trail without them in the end. I was gripping wr's arm's during the entire journey, which i must say, is terribly scary! Some routes forces you to walk alone which got me pretty hysterical.


Cowardly me was covering my ears for the most part because the screams of the girls around us send chills down my spine, not mentioning the sporadic "BOO!" and "Hellllooooooooo" from the actors.


The first pic above was taken when we stepped out of the haunted house. I can't really decipher what we are doing haha.


It was worth every single cent of $20 we spent on the express ticket, as the que was too long! With express tic, a 145 minutes que was shortened to just 15mins. :D


There were only 4 rides opened for the night - Mummy, Accelerator, Human and cylon of the Battlestar.


All four of us conquered Mummy and Human! Big pat on wr's head who turned all blue, following by green and finally no voice.
I find that Human is the scarier one,contrary to what i think before. The slope downwards was steeper, and though you're sitted in the cart, the safety harness around my waist made me feel insecure when plunging, with nothing much to grip on.


It was really really exhilarating though!!



The 2nd haunted house was much subtle.


I really like the Post Apocalypse street, filled with all the undeads. It felt like walking into the scene of "The walking dead", a drama i've been following.


The management of USS is really protective of their actors. The security basically barks at anyone who touches the actors. Which is a good thing.


We saw actress Joanne Peh, her ang moh bf and his abc friends too!



I finally pluck my courage to pose pics with a clown, the friendlier ones around hehe.


The USS halloween was really quite awesome. Look forward to the one next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment