Saturday, February 11, 2012

CNY came and left too soon

CNY falls on January this year instead of the usual February. It came so hurriedly after Christmas, that when the festive mood finally sunk into me, it was over in a puff.

Not sure if CNY is slowly losing it's significance,I find myself feeling less excited towards the festive season as compared to when I was a kid. Especially this year, where I just had to experience facial outbreak days before the holidays :( So you can imagine my dread when i do house visiting and meet up with friends.

Still, I'm glad that I managed to meet up with old friends, some of whom I hadn't met for years!

Like my JJC classmates..





And my O levels study group!


Wr and I, together with my parents, head down to chinatown on the eve to soak in the CNY atmosphere and grab some good buys. It was expectedly very crowded but unexpectedly WET! We couldn't see the fireworks and the firecrackers because of the rain.

Still, we roamed along the streets without being drenched with the help of cartons.

My family's annual dim sum breakfast at Red Star restaurant on the 2nd day.



Wr brought me across the causeway to meet his extended family living in JB during one of the days. I was really excited! My first experience setting foot on local residences in a foreign land, and my first meeting with his relatives.


All of his relatives stayed in private property in JB. I visited 3 households and their houses are humongous. I snapped a pic of one of the houses and showed it to my parents.


His cuzzie's puppy! Super obedient and tame. Oreo would have gone crazy if a stranger wants to carry him, but i doubt anyone wants to haha.


Both of us went to explore Jusco shopping mall before we head back SG. The mall is quite popular among S'poreans as it's only a 10-15mins drive from 2nd link causeway.


There isn't much to shop there actually unless you are looking at groceries, toiletries and household items.

We were more enticed by the food. There're alot of eateries there!

We chilled at starbucks, and even though i was dead full, i couldn't resist A&W's curly fries!




On eve of CNY night, we had my grandma and bro's gf stefie to join us for reunion dinner and birthday celebration with grandmama thereafter.



My grandma smiling happily and she kept singing praises of me just because I got her a birthday cake with "Longevity" written on top.
You see, old people are easily contented and they tend to treasure little things in life more than we do.

My grandma is currently hospitalised, got admitted on day 8 of CNY. I was initially pretty cool about it, as i thought she will be well again in no time, just like previous times.

Her condition deteriorated and i've never seen my grandma so frail, in so much pain before. It was quite a emotional roller coaster ride for all of us as her health fluctuated so rapidly these days.

I fervently hope that grandma will recover soon and be healthy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment