Monday, February 7, 2011

My favourite public holiday

The lunar New Year is easily my favourite event of the year


Since young, i found myself looking forward very much to the occasion.


I like the fact that it is "compulsory" for chinese to get ourselves new clothes, and the irresistable goodies that can be found in every household.


I love the hype before the lunar new year day, prolly the only time i enjoy crowd.


I enjoyed staying up late with my parents on the eve, watching local live countdown celebrations.


So, that really makes me wonder why do people hate it so much that they find ways n means to escape the joyous occasion to some no-bak-kua land.




It is also a must-do on CNY to go river hongbao, just to soak into the atmosphere.







My adorable little nephew. He was being passed around like a parcel, and he finally cried out loud when he reached my brother's arms. hahhaha!


The working day after a looong holiday is always a terrible one. Everyone felt so blue, and everyone went home so early!

No comments:

Post a Comment