Saturday, December 11, 2010

My virgin marathon



My virgin try at Marathon lasted for 5 hrs 20 mins. Not a fantastic timing, because i aimed to do it below 5 hrs actually.


I walked-jogged and walked for the final daunting 10km, and i swear that was the longest 10km ever in my life.


My mind was so preoccupied with blaming myself for signing up for a marathon race, and i clearly didnt enjoy the last part of the race, particularly when the half-marathoners and the 10km-ers were strolling, some with their baby prams and brollies. LIKE WHAT THE HECK!? brollies and baby prams in a race!!


These people should seriously consider signing up for big walk instead.


Overall, i am still glad that i ran for it. I saw a couple of inspiring runners, that got me clapping and cheering at them, something that i normally would not do.


I ran past this blind man and his partner, both were holding on to a thick rope, looking strong even at the 32Km mark. I wanted to pat on the blind man, telling him how brave he is, but decided to just let out a "JIAYOU!" instead.


And while i was exiting ECP, i saw this lady towing a carriage filled with stuff animals, scribbled with something like "Stop animal abuse". I wonder if she's doing this to raise funds or simple to raise awareness. Frankly, i find it fruitless if it's just to raise awareness. Nevertheless, i respect her and admire her effort for doing so.


My facial expression reflected pain with a capital P, which got wr chuckling because i appeared really excited before the race.


Now that i've attempted a marathon, i can strike this item off my "things to do before i die" list :P NOT that i'm dying, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment